Let’s assume that we have a topology like in the picture:
- IP addresses of ETH 0/1 and ETH 0/2 on Router A are 172.16.1.128/25 and 172.16.1.1/25 respectively.
- Router B (dhcp client) obtains static IP address, gateway address and DNS server address from DHCP server (router A). A MAC address of interface ETH 0/0 of router B is 0800-6902-01FC.
- DHCP server assigns IP addresses to clients in subnet 172.16.1.0/24 subnetted to 172.16.1.1/25 and 172.16.1.128/25.
- DNS server address and WINS server address are 172.16.1.10/25 and 172.16.1.200/25 respectively.
- For subnet 172.16.1.128/25 configure DNS server address, WINS server address, gateway address and address lease duration for 6 days and 6 hours.
- For subnet 172.16.1.1/25 configure DNS server address, gateway address and address lease duration for 10 days.